News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 8 OCTOBER 2019
Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Australian property market this week.
- How much of last week’s Reserve Bank rate cut did your bank pass on? The major banks only passed on between 0.13 and 0.15 to owner-occupiers, however your mortgage broker should be able to find you a better deal.
- The big winners last week were property investors, who received up to 0.3 per cent cuts to interest-only loans from the major banks.
- Despite many people leaving town or turning to the NRL grand final, Sydney auction clearance rates held firm over the long weekend as supply remains tight.
- House prices are expected to rise again this month after it was revealed the price of existing homes in Sydney grew 1.7 per cent in September.
- The price of new house and land packages, on the other hand, are yet to escalate in-line with the existing home market. Finding a build-ready lot is proving a much more affordable way to get into the Sydney property market at the moment
Now is the perfect time to speak with a Thrive Homes Sales Consultant about building your new home, so why not get in touch today!