News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 13 FEBRUARY 2020
Your quick guide to all the key stories from the property industry this week.
- People are going nuts for second-hand houses in Sydney. With more than double the number of auctions over the weekend, clearance rates still hit 80 per cent – even with the crazy rain.
- …and the banks sure do want that business. The RBA has proven that “loyalty tax” exists – showing home loans that are four or more years old are paying interest rates 40 basis points higher than new loans.
- Digital Finance Analytics reckons nearly 15 per cent of people who have pre-approval for a loan can’t find anything to buy. Clearly they’re not looking west of Bondi.
- Don’t bank on any more official rate cuts in the short term. Futures markets are tipping the RBA won’t cut again until August at the earliest.
- Trying to figure out how to turbo-charge your saving plan toward a deposit? If you have an old Datsun 240Z in the garage, the answer might be staring you in the face…