News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 04 FEBRUARY 2020
Your quick guide to all the key stories from the property industry this week.
- The cost of existing homes in Sydneyrose more than 1 per cent in January, and affordability of existing residential property dropped 4 per cent in the December quarter.
- ANZ reckons Sydney prices will increase by 10 per cent in 2020. This means a house worth $1 million today will be worth at least $1,1 million by Christmas.
- According to ME Bank, first home buyers are largely responsible for driving house prices up at the moment. Might be worth thinking about ditching expensive FOMO and building a new one instead…
- Looking for a pay rise this year? If you work in retail, finance or real estate, you’ll probably get one according to this study.
- Word on the street is, the RBA is unlikely to cut interest rates again this week – although the economic impact of coronavirus may mean more cuts sooner than later.