News & Events
This Week In Property 13 December 2019
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 13 DECEMBER 2019
Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Australian property market this week.
- If you’re trying to figure out what interest rates are likely to do over the next few years, this journo reckons we’re looking at a decade or more of low interest rates.
- If you’re contributing to the $1 billion spent by Australians on Afterpay every month, you might want to give it a rest before you ask for help to buy a home. The banks are treating Afterpay as a red flag on home loan applications.
- Good news on the energy front: the Australian Energy Market Commission reckons our power bills are going to drop by 7.1 per cent by 2020. Now imagine what those bills would look like in an energy-smart home…
- FOMO is driving home auction-going Sydneysiders crazy at the moment. Thrive homeowner, Danielle Ruming found a way to avoid it.
- Our thoughts are with the tens of thousands of Australians suffering due to bushfires at the moment. With the RFS saying there’s worse to come, stay safe.