News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 15 NOVEMBER 2019
Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Australian property market this week.
- The big banks are calling on the government to let them charge higher interest rates for First Home Buyer Deposit Scheme recipients. If you’re hoping this will be you, start shopping around now!
- Sydney auction clearance rates are still off the charts – partly because there are still less homes for sale compared to a year ago.
- At this rate, CoreLogic reckons Sydney house prices will break the mid-2017 record high by April next year.
- Building a new home instead of competing for a second-hand one is the best way to beat FOMO-driven price escalation. As our very own Lachlan Thompson says, “buying a home in Sydney is one of the only times it will cost you more to purchase second hand than new.”
- Stay safe this week. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by bushfires raging across NSW.