News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 7 JULY 2019
Your quick guide to all the key stories from the property industry this week.
- With the Reserve Bank cutting the official cash rate for the second month in a row last week, home loan rates haven’t been this low in Australia since the 1950s.
- The major banks all passed on at least part of the official rate cut, but the best deals can be found among Australia’s smaller lenders. If you haven’t already, check out ratecity.com.au to start shopping around.
- More tax cuts are coming after the Senate passed the government’s full $158 billion tax package last week.
- Sydney’s property prices rose in June for the first time since 2017. While most industry-watchers think any recovery will be slow, there’s little doubt now that the market is starting to turn.
- If you’re looking for land to build a Thrive home on, pay attention to where the NSW government is spending on new infrastructure – especially in Sydney’s western growth belt. Calls for the federal government to step up infrastructure spending this week are also worth watching.
Now is the perfect time to speak with a Thrive Homes Sales Consultant about building your new home, so why not get in touch today!