News & Events
This Week In Property
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEK - 04 FEBRUARY 2020
Your quick guide to all the key stories from the property industry this week.
- Have you checked your pay docket lately? With some of Australia’s biggest employers admitting last week to underpayments to staff going back years, it might be worth a second look.
- Sharp increases in volume of homes going to auction in Sydney haven’t dented clearance rates – or done much to keep established housing prices in check.
- Now is a good time to look at building if you’re keen to see capital growth. With the volume of new housing construction likely to be lower than expected over the next five years, demand for homes in Sydney is likely to escalate.
- …and if you are thinking of building, the big banks really, really want your business! Home lending is the only healthy part of the lending market in Australia right now, and the big banks are offering big incentives to get you to go with them.
- Interest rate watch: Australia’s unemployment rate went up last week, which will put pressure on the Reserve Bank to consider another rate cut.