House & Land
Be the New Kid on the Block: How to Choose the Right Block of Land
We know that House and Land packages can be a great first home option or investment. But how do you know where to begin?
We know every family is different, and so are our blocks…but none of our blocks suffer from middle child syndrome. There’s actually quite a bit to consider when you are selecting a block, but don’t get daunted: we have some tips for you.
• Before you pick the land, pick the kind of home design your family needs. Do you do a lot of entertaining? Do you think a formal dining room is a waste of space? Or do you need a media room? Or have a pet rhino? Check out our designs now.
• If you’re on a budget (who isn’t?), a narrow block might be helpful. Many of our home designs such as Verve and Eve, are designed for just such a block. We are masters of giving a sense of space on more compact blocks: through open plan living, the option to upgrade to higher ceilings and mustering as much natural light as we can.
• Remember that Thrive has a range of 'zero lot' designs which allow you to build right up to your blocks boundaries, making the most of interior space with no wastage. If this appeals, check out the Haven and Zen collections.
• Dig out your compass and have a look at your block’s orientation. Do you like the morning sun flooding your garden while you sip your coffee and read the papers? Or would you prefer the sun in the backyard when the kids come home from school or for alfresco evening entertaining?
• The slope or gradient of your block is another important consideration. The Thrive Homes team can assist with an assessment of the fall of your block to provide you with construction estimate
• What’s underground? A soil test is necessary to thoroughly understand your site’s composition and determine what lies beneath the surface. Once a soil test has been completed foundations can de designed and priced accurately.
With Thrive Homes every block can be beautiful and we’re here to help find the perfect one for you. Come and visit us at one of our sales hubs or get in touch to find out more.